Thursday, February 2, 2012

White Chocolate, Cranberry, Pecan Crunches


It is always comforting to know that when the day has gone awry and I am completely frustrated I can bake something sweet and take it to work. I don't usually eat my creations. I know it sounds ridiculous that someone could make cookies, cakes, pies or the like and not touch them but the joy I get is from the baking itself. So, it is nice to know that I work with people who don't mind my cooking and are equally excited to receive the treats as I am to make them. 
Some days that is the light at the end of the tunnel.

Ingredients:
¾ cup brown sugar
¾ cup granulated sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
2 ¼ cup of all-purpose flower
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 egg
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup crushed pecans
1 cup cranberries

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375.
Using an electric mixer, Combine brown sugar, granulated sugar, and butter until it well incorporated and looks like a sticky cornmeal mixture. Add egg, vanilla, salt, and baking soda and mix until well incorporated. Add in flour a little at a time mixing until you have a sticky dough formed. Pour in white chocolate chips, crushed pecans, and cranberries and mix with spoon or with hands until incorporated.
Make ½ inch sized balls and place on greased cookies sheet or one covered with parchment paper. Bake for 18 to 20 mins or until browned. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack and cool.
Makes 4 dozen, or make 5 and freeze the dough until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment