Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Fluffy Southern Biscuits

preheat to 475
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 stick of butter (unsalted and cold)
1 cup buttermilk or milk (low fat or not)

Mix flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a bowl. Cut butter into cubes and work into flour until it is the consistency of cornmeal with chunks. Try not to over mix. I can be a little lumpy. I like to use my hands and mush it in. Add milk a little at a time until it forms a nice dough that is a little sticky. Press by hand on on a floured surface to about 1/2 inch to 1 inch thick (depends on how tall you like your biscuits). Cut with round cutter or cup or what ever round item you have (once I made moose shaped biscuits because I couldn't find the round cutter, anywho). bake for 12-15 mins or until desired brown-ness on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment